ARC Review: Romancing the Nerd by Leah Rae Miller
Title: Romancing the Nerd
Author: Leah Rae Miller
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Publish Date: April 5, 2016
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Synopsis: Dan Garrett has become exactly what he hates—popular. Until recently, he was just another live-action role-playing (LARP) geek on the lowest run of the social ladder. Cue a massive growth spurt and an uncanny skill at taking three-point shots in basketball and voila…Mr. Popular. It’s definitely weird.
And the biggest drawback? Going from high school zero to basketball hero cost Dan the secret girl-of-his-dorky dreams.
A tuba-playing nerd with an eclectic fashion sense, Zelda Potts’s “Coolness” stat is about minus forty-two. Dan turning his back on her and the rest of nerd-dom was brutal enough, but when he humiliates her at school, Zelda decides it’s time for a little revenge—dork style. Nevermind that she used to have a crush on him. Nevermind that her plan could backfire big time.
It’s time to roll the dice…and hope like freakin’ hell she doesn’t lose her heart in the process.
I received a free copy of this book via the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This will not affect my review in any way.
10 Thoughts I Had While Reading Romancing the Nerd(This format is inspired by Mara Was Here, so thanks girl! Note that these were actual reactions, but were written after I finished the book.)
Before reading:OMG IS THIS ANOTHER BOOK BY LEAH RAE MILLER?!?!?!? I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE SUMMER I BECAME A NERD, I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO REQUEST ROMANCING THE NERD TO SEE HOW IT STACKS UP!!!!1!!
While reading:1. Her name is Zelda. That is great! I don’t know how much of my inner nerd can handle this.
DAn is HoT!
2. Zelda, just get with Dan! He’s not that big of a jerk!You don’t know what he’s thinking, I do. Listen to me and Get WItH hIM!
3. Dan…. why?!?! Stand up to your dad. He doesn’t need to be controlling your life. Make your own decisions. Eat that pizza! Go LARPing! Your dad shouldn’t be refusing to let you do the things you love.
4. Zelda, girl, you are clumsier than me and that is saying something. How about one of those times you trip, maybe fall into Dan’s arms? I just ship you two so much <33333
5. Can I go LARPing? Please? I’ve always wanted to do it; it just sounds so much fun.
6. LOGAN AND MADDIE??????? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
7. I love how Dan calls Maddie ‘the cheerleader.’ Every Time he called her that I just burst out laughing. He makes it sound like such an insult.
8. Zelda! You need to keep track of your phone! Dan Don’T DO It! DO NOT DO IT!
If you couldn’t tell by my thoughts, I absolutely loved Romancing the Nerd. The characters were fantabulous (some of my all-time favorite.) I loved the plot. I loved the revenge. My feels were everywhere. Leah Rae Miller does not disappoint, and I absolutely love her nerdy books. I think she’s found her niche, adorkable love stories between nerdy and popular people. She’s an amazing author and I fully recommend this book (in case that wasn’t made clear by my incoherent thoughts from above.)
About the Author
Mother, wife, and YA author living on a windy hill in Natchitoches, Louisiana. I love fuzzy socks, comic books, cherry coke, and brand new office supplies. THE SUMMER I BECAME A NERD coming Summer 2013 from Entangled Teen. Stay cool!
Wrote by Kayl Hughes