Mini Review: Just My Type

Just My Type by Falon Ballard


Title: Just My Type

Author: Falon Ballard

Publish Date: February 7, 2023

Publisher: G.P. Putnam's Sons


I received an ARC from the publisher for reading/reviewing purposes only. The following review is my opinion and hasn’t been influenced by any other party.

Talk about a fun read. I went into Just My Type not looking for too much, just a cute romcom to help me through my weekend. The beginning was a little rough for me - I couldn't get a vibe on the main characters or did I really remember what the book was about. At first, the opening scene of Lana getting dumped by her boyfriend really seemed for shock factors, but it actually made sense the longer I continued with the book. 

I enjoy not-so-serious romcoms, and that's what I would classify Just My Type. It doesn't take itself too seriously and the plot is mostly fun. I greatly enjoyed the character arc of Lana, though there were times when I wanted to pull my hair out at her actions. Her personality was very much mix and match though, so I never got a full read on her. 

I did enjoy Seth Carlson and the contest between them. It was highly inappropriate for a job, but it made for a fun romcom plot. I liked the adventures they ended up taking together because of this "contest." The tropes in this are second chance, forced proximity, misunderstandings, and a play on enemies to lovers. This book didn't read too trope-y but it definitely relied on these a lot to progress the plot forward. This misunderstandings drove me crazy, and I wish they would just talk to each other at times. 

I recommend Just My Type if you are looking for a lighthearted romcom with somewhat major character development. If you liked seeing characters grow and better themselves, then I think you will enjoy this book. I will definitely read more books by Falon Ballard in the future. 


Goodreads | Amazon | B&N | Book Depository

Post a Comment

0 Comments