My Favorite Time Period

My Favorite Historical Time Period and the Books that Take Place There


I am a huge fan of turning of the century novels, especially those being introduced to the 1900s. I love the fashion of the time, and I love how ideas are completely foreign to them but perfectly acceptable to us. I really enjoy novels that take place in the early 1900s as well. So I'd say that I enjoy books about the twentieth century are ones that are my favorite.


Recently, I finished reading The Great Gatsby. I absolutely loved it. The dancing, the parties, the problems of wealth. It just fascinated me from cover to cover. I think it would have been really fun to live in this time period, right before the Great Depression. You have all of the Flappers and everything is lavish.


The Luxe by Anna Godbersen is another of my favs. The Luxe is set right at the turn of the century and is being introduced to the 1900s. I absolutely love the outfits on the covers for this series. They are to die for! I just really enjoy this fashion and would love to wear it! I read this book a while ago, but I do remember that I really liked it. Everything seems so scandalous back then, I'm sure I would love it.


I'm currently in the middle of The Magnificent Ambersons and I really enjoy the time period. They don't like automobiles which I find to be interesting.

So that's one of my favorite historical time periods. I have a few others, but I would love to live in the Americas during this one. It's mainly because of the fashion lol

Post a Comment

0 Comments