Anticipated Books of 2023



My Most Anticipated Books of 2023

How is the year almost over? I barely remember summer and we're almost to 2023. I have been reading a lot more this year, and I am expecting that to continue in 2023, so here is a list of my most anticipated reads of 2023. This is not a conclusive list, but mostly includes books that have caught my eye as of now. 


Emily Wilde's Encyclopaedia of Faeries by Heather Fawcett

Expected to Release: January 10, 2023

I cannot wait to read this! I love faeries and books about the fae, and Emily Wilde's Encyclopaedia of Faeiries seems like something I will LOVE. I'm really excited that it's an adult fantasy and that it's written like a diary. Also, I need this cover on my shelf because it is gorgeous. This is probably my most anticipated read at this time, and I'm so glad I don't have to wait too much longer to read. 


The Davenports by Krystal Marquis

Expected to Release: January 31, 2023

My eye has been on The Davenports for a while, mostly due to the gorgeous yellow cover. I don't usually read historical romance, but I've seen this one get compared to Bridgerton. While I'm not interested in reading Bridgerton, I am interested in reading this diverse historical romance. 


The Witch and the Vampire by Francesca Flores

Expected to Release: March 21, 2023

Again, another one on my list because of the gorgeous cover. I was initially introduced to The Witch and the Vampire via TikTok, and once I read the synopsis, I'm hooked - a queer retelling of Rapunzel with vampires. 

Happy Place by Emily Henry

Expected to Release: April 25, 2023

This is the only book on this list that I've preordered for next year (which should tell you a lot). Emily Henry has not let me down with her writing, so I preordered a signed edition from Waterstones. Emily Henry will be a ride or die author for me, and I will always read all of her books. I love her characters and the plot looks amazing. I'm so jealous of those receiving PR packages, but I'll take my signed edition. 


Love, Theoretically by Ali Hazelwood

Expected to Release: June 13, 2023

Ali Hazelwood got me back into reading earlier this year when I picked up The Love Hypothesis. So I owe a lot to her and I've enjoyed both that book and Love on the Brain. I'm excited for Love, Theoretically, but I hope it's not another copy/paste that Love Hypothesis and Love on the Brain was. 


Threads That Bind by Kika Hatzopoulou

Expected to Release: June 13, 2023 

I'm excited for Greek gods that's not a romance. I feel like that has been the trend recently, but I'm really looking for something that was in the same vein as Percy Jackson but darker. This might just be it. It's a murder mystery, which I also enjoy but don't read too much of, so I'm looking forward to this one. Also, that cover is perfection. 


This Cursed Light by Emily Thiede

Expected to Release: August 15, 2023

I loved This Vicious Grace, it was one of my favorite reads of this year, and cannot wait for book two. I'm interested to see what Emily Thiede does with the plot - I'm hoping the romance is written better than it was in the first. I'm anxious for Alessa and Dante though. The synopsis makes me so worried for them and their relationship. 


Foxglove by Adalyn Grace

Expected to Release: August 22, 2023

Another sequel that I'm excited for - Belladonna was amazing and I hope Foxglove steps up it's game. I love Death and I need more of him in my life. I don't know how I'll feel about the introduction of Fate, but we'll see. 


Zhara by S. Jae-Jones 

Expected to Release: August 29, 2023

I love this concept. I'm pretty picky about my fantasy books that include magic systems, but I'm really excited for this one. I like that the world doesn't trust magicians, and I think the plague turning them into monsters is a fresh concept. 


The Chalice of the Gods by Rick Riordan 

Expected to Release: September 26, 2023

Who would I be if I didn't have this on my list? I owe everything to The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan - it was the book that got me into reading. Percy is one of my favorite protagonists. I love his wit and his charm. I am a bit disappointed because he hasn't grown too much since the last book in The Last Olympian (at least not as much as me haha), but I'm hoping to reconnect with this cast that was such an integral part of my childhood. 


Anything you see on here that you didn't know of? I had to do some digging to create this list, but I'm super hyped for all of them. What else should I add to my radar? 

Post a Comment

0 Comments