5 Bookish Facts About Me
Obviously, I'm a book worm but you really don't know any other facts about me. (Or maybe you do, in which case, hello stalker!) Today I will be sharing with you five bookish facts about me that I may or may not have said on KKO before. So without further ado, let's learn more about me. (Yay!)
1. The book that first got me into reading was The Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanI really don't know how obvious of a statement this is. I grew up with Percy Jackson, so I latched on to him like some folks latched on to Harry Potter. Percy and I grew up together, and his adventures made me want to have adventures of my own. I loved everything about this book, and I had trouble putting it down. I've read it many times over the years and I even recently preached the 10 year special edition (which is lovely by the way). I'm not too sure why this book clicked for me. I loved the witty titles and the snarky comebacks. I love each and every one of the characters. It's amazing and Percy will always hold a special place in my heart.
2. I have to readIf I didn't read books, I would probably be twenty times more stressed than I am now. Sometimes I just need a breather and I turn to books for that. If I don't read, I get sad and my stress levels become almost unbearable. I din;t know what I would do without reading in my life.
3. I started book blogging because of Jennifer L. Armentrout's ObsidianI've said it a million times, so here's one more. JLA is my all time favorite author and Obsidian is my all time favorite book. The main character in Obsidian is named Katy Swartz who is a book blogger. This was where I was first introduced to book blogging. Not long after I read this fantabulous book, I started researching on how to create a blog. And here we are almost three years later.
4. I don't like book suggestionsThis is probably a weird one, but I do not like for someone to recommend me a book to read. Rarely will I ever read it. I'm not sure why this is. Maybe it's because I haven't picked it out myself or I don't trust other people's taste for me. Whatever it is, unless I ask you or I read a review by you and it interests me, I will probably never read a book you recommend me. Nothing against you, that's just how I role.
5. I judge books based on their covers (because I'm basic)Point blank, if I do not like a book cover I will most likely not read it. Covers speak volumes about books, and I do not want to add an ugly cover to my shelf. I like to show off all of my pretties. I know, it's horrible of me to do but I just cannot help myself. I love beautiful covers!
Hopefully you've learned something new about me. If you already knew any of these random facts, let me know in the comments! What are some odd bookish facts about you?