Books to Finish Before the End of the Year

 Books I Want to Finish Before the End of the Year


2022 is quickly coming to a close, and I still have a lot of books I want to make it through before that happens. I've made some series progress on my Fall TBR, with only one book left to read, so here's a list of the books I want to read before the end of the year with hopes that I will actually stick to it. 


Legends & Lattes by Travis Baldree

Starting off strong with Legends & Lattes, the cozy fantasy booktok sensation. In case you didn't know, Tor Books picked this up after it was originally self-published earlier this year and they sent me a copy. (Thanks Tor Books!) I have already started it and am loving it. (Is that cheating?) 



Cake Eater by Allyson Dahlin

I've wanted to read this one for a while, but my local bookstore didn't sell it. I had it on hold with my local library and it FINALLY came in last week. I am really looking forward to this one, and I almost dropped everything to read it. 



A Merry Little Meet Cute by Julie Murphy & Sierra Simone

Probably my only holiday-themed book on this list, I keep seeing things about this book. I don't know if people are saying it's good or bad, but I keep seeing it and it sounds like a lot of fun. I've almost purchased this one like a million times already, but I don't like hardcover romcoms so I'm waiting to see if my local bookstore will stock the paperback version. 



The Altas Paradox by Olivie Blake

I have been on a journey with this book. I originally preordered the Fairyloot special edition when it went on sale, but then decided I couldn't wait and purchased a copy only to receive a copy in the mail from Tor Books a few days later. (Thanks Tor Books!) Contrary to popular belief, I did not need three copies of this book. I started reading this and dropped it for my cozy fantasy reads. It's not anything bad - it's just really smart. And I couldn't do it at the time. I'm like a hundred pages in so I'm hoping to finish it after Legends & Lattes. Since you're here, can I also say I don't like the silver finish of the US edition? It rubs me the wrong way. 



Babel by R.F. Kuang

I need to read more diversely. That is a 2023 goal for me. I've been reading more but I tend to not write reviews about my diverse reads, so I plan on stepping that up in the next year. I've read The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang and it utterly destroyed me, so I can't wait to see what Babel will do to me. I've put it off because I'm hoping it's not too smart as well. Also, since we've talked about covers. I prefer the UK edition of Babel so much more. 



What else should I add to my list? I have a fairly daunting TBR, but I don't know what else to choose. I love new books so I tend to read mostly new releases, so that means I have a bunch of newer (but older) releases sitting on my shelf that I can't wait to start. This also doesn't include any ARCs I need to read. Ahhhh! Happy Holidays folks! 


Edit: In solidarity with the HarperCollins Union, I will not be reviewing/linking to HarperCollins books at this moment. At this time, I will leave up my blurbs for the HC books I wish to read before the EOY up as they do not contain links. Will review/rate HarperCollins books when a deal has been agreed upon. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments