Best Books of 2016

Best Books of 2016


It’s been 2017 for a little bit now and it’s given me time to reflect on everything I read in the year 2016. I actually read a lot of books last year, but I still didn’t reach my goal of 80. Oh well, but last year, I read some fantastic books. So here are my best books of 2016:

Honorable Mentions: 

These are books I read last year that were not newly released. These two books came out before 2016 but they were so awesome I had to mention them in the best books of the year.

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

I honestly do not know why I hadn’t read this series before, but a friend made me read them and I fell in love. These books were absolutely amazing. The characters were lovely and memorable. Shatter Me was just a really good book.
My Review

Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

If you are looking for a book unlike any other, please read Everything, Everything. It will make you cry because the writing is beautiful. Everything, Everything is a book that will stick with you for a while. It is original and memorable, and it is definitely one of my favs!
My Review

Contemporary Best Book:

Little Black Dresses, Little White Lies by Laura Stampler

I read this book based purely on the cover because it is gorgeous. I love everything about it, and once I started reading, the plot was right up my alley. I love books that I can relate to and this book was relatable for me. I loved the whole journalistic side; it was just a great read for me.
My Review

Best End of Series Book: 

Infinite Risk by Ann Aguirre

This book deserves applause because it ended on such a happy note. *CLAPS* There were so many feels in this conclusion to the Immortal Games trilogy. I loved how it ended; it couldn’t have left off on a better note. Everything was wrapped up nicely, and when I got to the end, I really wanted to cry. This is such a good book and an amazing conclusion to an amazing series. I loved it!
My Review

Best Horror: 

Frozen Charlotte by Alex Bell

I don’t read scary books a lot. Most of the ones I do read aren’t very scary. This book was TERRIFYING! I could not sleep because of this book. It’s weird and creepy. It’s messed up but it’s addicting. There are so many disturbing elements to this book, but you will not want to put it down. This is one of the best horror novels I’ve ever read.
My Review

Best Book of 2016: 

This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab

When I was scrolling through my reviews of the books I’ve read, this was one novel that stood out to me. First off, the cover is so pretty. I don’t own a copy of this book but it’s been on my radar for awhile. The designers did good on this one.

I really enjoyed reading this book because I have never heard of anything like it. I loved the dark twists with the monsters. The plot was addicting and the story was executed so well. Also, there was NO ROMANCE! WOOOO!

Also, there is a book two coming out soon and I am so excited for it!
My Review

This Savage Song was my favorite read of 2016!

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. I have This Savage Song sitting on my TBR shelf right now. I can’t wait to read it.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really good book, and I suggest you pick it up right now! :) You'll have to let me know what you think of it!

      Thanks for stopping by!
      -Kayl

      Delete