July Wrap Up

Books I Read During July 2023

We are halfway through the year and with everything going on in the month of July, I didn't end up reading much. I reread one of my favorites from earlier this year in preparation for a ARC of book two. And I read some of the best books I've read all year this month. 

I feel like I'm fighting off a reading slump as nothing has been doing it for me after these books. Please give me recommendations in the comments! 


Divine Rivals by Rebecca Ross - 5 stars

Alongside Fourth Wing, you have probably seen this book everywhere, and hopefully you are able to get your hands on a copy. Divine Rivals was my first book by Rebecca Ross, and I am massively impressed. I am addicted to Iris and Roman. I could read nothing but their interactions for the rest of my life and be happy. Their dynamic is perfect - I LOVE how they were written. I enjoyed every aspect of this book from the romance to the characters to the plot. Divine Rivals kept me on the edge of my seat until the very last page. I have no idea how I will survive until book two comes out in December. I highly recommend you read Divine Rivals, but be prepared for the cliffhanger. 


Emily Wilde's Encyclopaedia of Faeries by Heather Fawcett - 5 stars 

I received an ARC of book two from the publisher (THANK YOU!), so I decided to reread book one to prep myself the most for being immersed in book two. Let me tell you, this book is just as good the second time around. It has cemented itself as one of my favorite books of all time. I love Emily and Bambleby so much. I literally just bought my third copy of this book as I'm trying to collect all of the editions. Please do yourself a favor and read Emily Wilde's Encyclopaedia of Faeries, you will not regret it. Check out my full review


Emily Wilde's Map of the Otherlands by Heather Fawcett - 5 stars 

Big thank you to the publisher for sending me an eARC of Emily Wilde's Map of the Otherlands, which comes out next January. I devoured this book! It was everything I wanted from this world, these characters, and more. Emily and Bambleby are again, to die for. Fawcett is a brillant mastermind at writing her world of faeries. Stay tuned for my full review closer to the release date, but this is definitely one you want to preorder


I have no idea how August is going to compare. Give me some recs in the comments that can stack up to these. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments