June Wrap Up

Books I Read During June 2023 

Another month, another reading wrap up. Why is time flying so fast? My TBR shelf has greatly increased but I'm still adding more books. I feel like I've been reading at a fairly steady pace, but nothing is ever fast enough for a book worm. That being said: here's all of the books I read during the month of June and my thoughts. 


A Witch's Guide to Fake Dating a Demon by Sarah Hawley - 3 stars

I ended up being fairly disappointed by this one. I probably would have DNF'd it, but I really wanted to like it. It's everything I look for in books: witchy, demons, romance. It just bored me to death. I couldn't connect with the plot or characters. It didn't make me feel anything. I didn't even swoon for the demon love interest, which is so not me. I recommend you give this one a pass. 


The Off-Campus series by Elle Kennedy - 3 stars

Yes, this is a five book series, and yes, I read them all back-to-back. Were they good? Not really. Sometimes they were poorly written, but I enjoyed the characters, and I could not put them down. This was my first sports romance series, and I am ashamed at how fast I devoured them. I am glad I read them. I've discovered I really enjoy books that are around the same group of friends but focus on different couple's relationships. I will probably read more of Kennedy's stuff in the future not going to lie. 


Love, Theoretically by Ali Hazelwood - 3 stars

This is the book where Ali Hazelwood disappointed me the most. I finished it incredibly quickly, but that's not because I liked it. I will read anything by Hazelwood, but this wasn't the same dream-worthy STEM romances I've come to love her for. The romance and couple was mediocre. You've probably already read this so let me know what you thought in the comments. 


The Sword of Kaigen by M.L. Wang - 5 stars

This was by far the best book I read in June. The beginning was incredibly slow and clunky, but once I hit the 250 page mark, I could not put it down. Misaki was my favorite and I loved seeing her point of view. She is one of my favorite badass female protagonists. I think I was so interested about this book because it had multiple POVs of a family. I don't think I've read a book like that before, but it told the story so well. 


Their Freefall At Last by Julie Olivia - 5 stars

I am so sad these books are over. This is another series of books around a specific friend group but they focus on a different couple. Sadly, this was the last book in the series and I am very upset. I love the Honeywood Park setting. We didn't get as much of it in this book, but I loved the small town romance. I also loved how this was written and explained a lot about Ruby and Bennett's history. I HIGHLY recommend you read these books. I think I'm going to do a reread because I love them so much. I own signed copies of them all, and they are some of my most prized possessions. 


Onto the next one! What are you currently reading? Anything interesting worth adding to my TBR? I just got a new bookshelf and cleared some of my TBR, so I'm looking to add new ones. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments