February Wrap Up



Books I Read During February 2023

I had quite a few ARCs to make it through this month, which slowed down my reading a bit, and I also finished a few rather long fanfics that I'm not going to list here. It was an alright month for reading - nothing really stood out to me as amazing/awe-inspiring so no 5 stars this month. I am chugging through some of my longer reads steadily but no update on them yet. 


The Davenports by Krystal Marquis - 4 starts

This month started strong with one of my most anticipated reads of 2023. I fell in love with the story and the characters. The multiple POVs added so much to the reading experience, and I need more books in this world ASAP. You can check out my full review to see more of my thoughts. 


Anatomy: A Love Story by Dana Schwartz - 3 stars

It's titled "A Love Story" but I feel like Anatomy would have been better without the romance plot. Honestly, it didn't dawn on me that it was a love story until writing the title just now, so that's about as much impact as it had toward the plot. I feel like the love aspect was added last minute and the book would have been stronger without it, and there wouldn't be too many drawbacks to removing it. Anatomy was very gory and graphic, so it stuck with me for a bit. I really enjoyed our main character, Hazel, and I was entertained by her story to become a physician. The ending could have been a bit better (as it was abrupt), but I was definitely happy I had book two in my hands as soon as I finished. 


A Pirate's Life for Tea by Rebecca Thorne - 4 stars

I received an ARC from the author, and wow, I am just addicted to cozy fantasy novels at this point. I love the low stakes and how there's not too much to stress about, which makes for a light, easy read. I will say, I prefer the first book in this series, but if you like pirate's and cozy settings, you should check out this one. A Pirate's Life for Tea also doubled the lesbians and the romances were to die for. If you are on the look out for new sapphic reads with not too high of stakes, check out A Pirate's Life for Tea. 


Immortality: A Love Story by Dana Schwartz - 3 stars 

I received an ARC from the publisher. I enjoyed the differences of Anatomy and Immortality, but I wish it would have stuck more to the learnings and practices of the first. I really enjoyed Hazel as a main character, but this book didn't have her doing a lot of the physician-stuff she was doing in the first book. There were a lot less of the practical studies, which I really enjoyed in the first book. I also felt like the romance was a miss. I was not a fan really, and Immortality could have been just as good without it. Read my full Immortality review


I still have a few ARCs on my shelves for next month, but excited to see what else might pop up. Anything worth checking out soon? 

Post a Comment

0 Comments