I Read a Book Because of a TikTok

 I read a book because of a TikTok and I liked it 


I, like many people, am addicted to TikTok. It started off downloading the app as a joke, and that was about three years ago. Now, I'm hooked and need my daily scrolling of disassociating with the world to be a functioning adult. 

And I've been on #BookTok for the past couple a months, the specific area of TikTok for bookish content. Think #Booktube or #Bookstagram but on TikTok. I watch a lot of book content daily, so I am easily influenced. If I see a book on TikTok, I'm more likely to read it or search what's it about to see if it's up my alley. This has happened a few times, and it actually caused me to read Lightlark and All of Us Villains

Now this blog post is not just a generic TikTok book influencing post, it's about a specific book: One Moment Please by Amy Daws. This is a fairly explicit doctor/patient romcom with pregnancy, which is not what I usually read at all. I read my fair share of smut and romcoms, but I tend to stick with the cartoon covers - not the shirtless men covers. I firmly see those as two separate genres. I don't typically cross paths with the shirtless covers, not my cup of tea usually. But as I was doom scrolling on TikTok yesterday, I came across this TikTok by the author and was hooked: 


@amydawsauthor Replying to @alice.braxton95 definitely not the way I would have told the hot doc he was gonna be a daddy #booktok #spicybook #romancebooks #smutlover #OneMomentPlease #AmyDaws ♬ The Loneliest Time - Carly Rae Jepsen & Rufus Wainwright



I immediately bought this book (on Kindle because I won't do that to my shelves bwahaha) yesterday and I binged it. One Moment Please just scratched the good itch. I could not put it down, and I enjoyed every minute of it. All because of a realistic looking TikTok. Like it looks like a storytime video but imagine my surprise when I found out it was a book. And then my further surprise when this was actually on my Goodreads Want to Read shelf because of a previous TikTok I had seen by this author. 

TikTok marketing works y'all.

One Moment Please is apart of a series but can be read as a standalone. I'm not too interested in the other books in this series, but I'm honestly considering purchasing them to see if I can get more Lynsey/Dr. Josh Richardson action. 

I have to say the plot was super cheesy and frustrating at times, so it might not be for everyone. The characters irritated me a lot, and there were times when I was screaming at the book. And it was a bit "quirky" at times for my taste. It just did it for me. I really was hoping it would get me out of a reading slump, since I'm in the middle of six books and want to read NONE of them, and I think it's accomplished that. 

If you need a brain break, maybe try this one out. It's the perfect counterpart to the smartness that is The Atlas Paradox (seriously, I feel dumb reading it). 

Post a Comment

0 Comments