Have I Read the 1st Harry Potter?!

 Have I Read the 1st Harry Potter?




I'll be the first to tell you that I am a geek. A nerd. A bookworm. Whatever you want to call it. I read Harry Potter a long, long, long time ago. (Though it wasn't the book that got me into reading. Guess what really was in the comments!) I've seen all the movies, forwards, backwards, multiple times. I had an obsession that still lasts even to this day, even though I may have written an article about why I'm sick of Harry Potter. I still love it.

The whole entirety of that post written above was actually about the illustrated version of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Well, a few weeks ago, I decided to actually check out the book from my local library and give it a whirl.

I snuggled up with my blanket, got a cup of coffee, and opened the book to the first page... and none of the words felt familiar. I'll admit the first few HP's were not my fav so I only read them a few times, but I did not recognize anything. At all.

I know what you're thinking, and I'm exactly that way too.


*GASP* HAVE I READ THE FIRST HP??

This destroyed me. I kept flipping through pages hoping something would ring a bell. I even got out my old, dusty, regular edition from my bookshelf to see if the story was different or something. 

It wasn't. 

I didn't know what to do. 


My whole life has been a scam. 

I've been a fangirl on HP for as long as I can remember, but I don't think I've read the first book. I couldn't believe. My whole life was thrown out the window. How could I be a book blogger if I hadn't read the first Harry Potter? Everyone's read that series. 

I went into a mild reading/blogging slump. It felt like the end. 

And then I read some magnificent books and got out of it, but that's not the point. 


To this day, I still do not know if I've read the first HP. 

I'm sorry, I feel so ashamed. Maybe I've read it, maybe I haven't, but to be honest, I'm not going to (re)read it. I feel as if that chapter of my life has closed. 

I don't need Harry Potter. I'm an independent, basic book blogger. I've moved on to bigger and better things. 

Speaking of HP, are you excited for the new movie? And there's a play! I may be over the books, but I'll never be over the movies!

Post a Comment

0 Comments