Owning a Whole Series and Multiple Copies of a Book

Owning a Whole Series and Multiple Copies of a Book



If you didn’t know by now, I’m not your typical book nerd. I don’t follow by the rules that typically describe book bloggers. I’m a #BasicBookBlogger so get over it. Today, I’m going to share with you something else that I’ve decided to not conform to and my thoughts on each. They may seem unpopular, but who would I be if I didn’t put my eccentric opinions out into the world? Not me.

I’ve been more active in the booking community lately, and I’ve noticed a common theme amongst bloggers and vloggers alike. I’ve noticed it so much that I decided to take a look at my own shelf to see if it applied to me, and you know what? It doesn’t. Not at all.

I don’t own a complete series. 


Let me break it down for you. Yes, I read series, a lot of them actually, I just don’t own a complete set of every book in a series. It’s not like I don’t like them; I just don’t own them. I own some books of a series. Like I own three of the five books in the Percy Jackson series and the Heroes of Olympus series. I own five of the Harry Potter books. I own one of the After books, and two from the Cinder series.

I just don’t own all of the books. Not because I don’t like them.

I feel as if this explains a lot about me as a person.

I am one of the biggest book nerds out there. I fangirl over books and authors. I get excited when I get the chance to talk to one of my favorite authors. I would do some very immoral things if it meant I got a sneak preview of one of my most anticipated books.

Yeah, but every book nerd is like that.

This makes me different. 


I don’t need to own every single book, every single rendition of a series just to show that I like it. I don’t have a lot of money to spend on books, and I’m perfectly fine with that. I get the joy of renting my favorite book from the library every time I get the urge to read it. I’m showing support for my favs that way. Maybe someone will see me checking it out and they want to read it. I don’t know.

This makes my unique which is something I always look for in books.

Also, what’s the point in owning multiple editions of the same book? Why waste money on just making your shelf look pretty when you could be buying more interesting, new books to add to your shelf? You’re only gonna read one of them.

I don’t get it. I really don’t. I find the beauty in collecting different editions of books in the same series and stacking them up on my shelf. My five Harry Potter books don’t match (at all) and I love it that way.

So who have I offended this time? Are you one of those people who collects every single copy of a book you like? Are you guilty of owning seven copies of the same book? Or maybe you’re like me, and don’t own a complete series? Let me know in the comments, and we can have a little chat.

Post a Comment

0 Comments