Unpopular Opinions Book Tag

I was fortune to be challenged to complete Unpopular Opinions Book Tag (originally from TheBookArcher) by Lunch Time Librarian because of my Why I'm Sick of Harry Potter post. I am so excited to do this, so please do not wish death upon me. Actually, you're entitled to your own opinion so *shrugs* 
I had to look through my masterlist to refresh my memory. I don't remember this kind of stuff



Popular Book or series that you didn't like

I could never get into Cinder by Marissa Meyer. I own the first two books in the series, but I've never read them. I read Cinder a while ago, but have never picked it back up. Cinder seemed to bore me, and I just didn't like it.  

Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love

There's really not one. All of my books have pretty popular ratings on Goodreads. But if I have to choose one that people rarely talk about, it would be Ember by Jessica Sorensen. It was just an amazing book that I got for free on my Kindle. I love Ember and Asher. They are just fantabulous. I even made my library buy the first two books lol

Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with OR an OTP that you don't like

Obviously, a love triangle that I didn't like was Lena/Alex/Julian in Requiem by Lauren Oliver. I loved this series, but this love triangle really added nothing to the book. I found it pointless, (SPOILER) and then when I was just starting to like Julian and Lena, she gets back with Alex. (END SPOILER) It just made me dislike the ending. 

Popular book Genre that you hardly reach for

Romance. I rarely read romance. It bores me. I like the more action-y novels because they are exciting or sci-fi because they are awesome. Romance is just not my cup of tea, though I recently started reading contemporary... 

Popular or beloved character that you do not like

I did not like Anna from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. She almost ruined the novel for me. All of her problems seemed to just fix themselves via magic. And she had never been kissed, yet all of these guys were chasing after her. Oo-kay. That's totally realistic. 

Popular author that you can't seem to get into

E. Lockhart. Everytime I see a book by her and just avoid it. I thought that I wanted to read them, but the blurbs just seem boring to me. People seem to love her books, but I don't know. 

Popular book trope that you're tired of seeing

I just mentioned this in my RBL post a few weeks ago. I love Dystopian. It's my favorite genre, but I am sick and tired of seeing the same old plot. It's always a group that wants to overthrow the *corrupt* government. Lately, it's been feeling as if I've read the same book over and over again. There is very little deviation from that. I beg of you, please do not let this genre die. Be original with it. 

Popular series that you have no interest in reading

Between Shades of Gray. I've had this on my bookshelf forever without reading it, and finally just gave it away in my #Spookygiveaway. I don't know why I bought it, but I never opened it. It just didn't call to me, so it sat on my shelf for over a year. It seems boring. 

The saying goes "The book is always better than the movie", but what movie do you prefer more than the book?

I'd have to say even though I'm tired of it, I loved Harry Potter. You just don't get those kind of visuals and characters in the book. I feel as if everyone was their role. Whenever I think of Snape, I picture the raven-haired, snooty Professor in the movies. Or Hagard with his giant, lovable self. The movies sold the imagination perfectly. 

Series that you hated but finished it just because

Fallen by Lauren Kate irritated me from start to finish because it was so cheesy, but I read every book in the series. I have no idea why I finished it, but I had to. 

Now for the tagging of a book blogger. I tag Dominique @ The Book Vault because I love her blog, and I think she would enjoy this. 

What are your opinions of the books mentioned? Do they mirror mine? Let me know in the comments!

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Okay, I think I figured this commenting thing out. I'm with you on the same old thing happening in dystopian novels. They live an ignorant life, then something happens to show them the government is corrupt, then they lead an army against the government. I don't know if you're read the Chaos Trilogy by Patrick Ness, but I find that series to have enough twists and elements to stand out from the usual dystopians

    - Liselle @ Lunch-Time Librarian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of it, but I might just have to check it out! Thanks for the suggestion! I love dystopian so it's nice to learn about new books that I haven't discovered yet!

      I've been working on the commenting thing, but I'm glad you figured it out!

      Thanks for stopping by!
      -Kayl

      Delete