Reading Between the Lines (RBL): Top 5 Things that I Loved About Obsidian
Reading Between the Lines
Reading Between the Lines is a weekly discussion type post that brings in other topics except for reviews and blog tours. They can pretty much travel in any direction possible. Join us on Wednesday for this weekly feature!
This Weeks Topic: Top 5 Things that I Loved About Obsidian
Entangled Teen is having a Sci-Fi sale for some pretty awesome books, and they asked bloggers to spread the word about it.
And guess what book is on sale from November 2-29 (it's actually FREE!)? You guessed it, Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout.
If you don't know me, I love Jennifer L. Armentrout! She's amazing. Her writing's amazing! I love her. The Lux series is the first series that I read by her. This series really started me blogging, so I kind of owe it in a way. Well, the best way to repay it is to always mention it (which I do lol). So this weeks post is going to discuss the top 5 things that I liked about Obsidian.
1. Daemon Black- Daemon is just amazeballs. He's hot with a tad bit of douchebag-ness, but he's badass. He is one of my favorite guy characters of all time. Daemon is just trying to save the people that he loves. His sarcasm is hilarious, and he can turn a really bad situation into a good one.
2. Aliens- Aliens make a novel good. Any good novel anywhere mentions aliens. It's just what they do.
3. Books- Readers always connect with main characters that love books. It makes them seem more real and materialistic. I feel like I really understand Katy since she loves books. We get the same things.
4. Triplets- The groups of triplets just add substance to the novel. You have your snippy chick (and the boy as well), but you also have the nice siblings. It also adds some Cullen-ness (yes, I just turned the Cullens into an adjective) to the novel. People around town are scared of them and avoid them at all costs.
5. Character Development- Katy Swartz turns into a badass as the series progresses. She's not shy, timid Katy. She actually fights to save the world. Dee goes from being a loveable fluffball into the meanest mean girl ever to step foot on this planet. There is so much about loss and love, it just really gets the feels flowing.
Obsidian is amazing. I love it so very much. It's my favorite book, so why not join me and get yours for free! Also, Jennifer L. Armentrout is releasing a novel in Daemon's POV of the events that happened in Obsidian. It's called Oblivion and is set to release December 1. I am so excited for it! It's going to be amazing! Let's gush about together :)
Go get your copy for free! Amazon
Here's a few teasers for Obsidian that I just love:
1) “Why are you such an ass?" The words came out before I could think twice.
"Everyone has to excel at something, right?"
"Well, you're doing a great job.”
2) “I've always found that the most beautiful people, truly beautiful inside and out, are the ones who are quietly unaware of their effect." His eyes searched mine intently, and for a moment we stood there toe to toe. "The ones who throw their beauty around, waste what they have? Their beauty is only passing. It's just a shell hiding nothing but shadows and emptiness.”
3) “You’re such an ass. Has…anyone ever told you that?”
He flashed a genuinely amused smile. “Oh, Kitten, every single day of my blessed life.”
4) “I checked out your blog.'
Oh. Dear. Baby. Jesus. How did he find it? Wait. More importantly was the fact he HAD found it. Was my blog now googleable? That was awesomesauce with an extra heaping of sauce.”