What is a 5 Star Book to me?

What is a 5 Star Book to me?


Though I don't use star systems on my blog, I make it obvious which books are 5 star books by gushing about them. I've never liked star systems, I find them boring and unoriginal. But that's just my opinion. Whatever floats your boat, man.

As a blogger, I get asked this question a lot. People read my opinions on things whether they admit to it or not. So today I am going to share with you what I look for in books that make them absolutely amazing. They are those books like Obsidian that I cannot stop talking about.

If you believe your book is a 5 star book, hit me up in my Review Policy and request a review. I'm open so let's see if our ideas are the same.

First off, the book has to be captivating. I'm talking about not wanting to put down, leave-me-alone-for-the-next-four-hours captivating. It has to be good enough to make me want to know what is going to happen next.

Next, the book has to have a cool cover. The cover is the first thing that a reader sees so it should one) pertain to the book and two) create some mystery about the book. Or it just has to be really pretty. I picked up a book yesterday that I just loved the cover for. I didn't read the blurb, I just fell head over heels for the gorgeous cover. It was amazing. I know that's kind of basic and we're always told to not judge a book by it's cover blah blah blah, but I go the opposite way. If I don't like the cover, I don't read it. Simple as that.

It also has to have intriguing characters. I'm talking people that you can actually picture and connect with. Sadly, there are very few of these books. One that I read recently that I just connected with the characters was Mortal Danger by Ann Aguirre. You can find my reviews for that +here and +here. I loved Kian and Edie. They are what kept me absorbed in those books. That's why I finished them in about a week. They were amazeballs!

It has to have a badass, original plot. Don't have errors in your writing, that's what irritates me the most. Sometimes I want to take a pen to the book and correct everything I see. Don't copy other's writing. Make it your own. Just because Twilight is (was) popular, don't write a book about vampires. It's already been done. Do something new and unique. Write about something that no one has ever heard of before. Use your imagination.



I think that is really it. I'm not a complicated person. The smallest things make me happy. Remember, have characters that don't scratch the surface, get into your original plot, have a cool cover, and write in your own style that captivates the audience. 

Do you share the same beliefs that I do with 5 star books? Is there something I'm missing? Let me know in the comments below!

Post a Comment

0 Comments