Review: Mortal Danger


Review: Mortal Danger by Ann Aguirre

Title: Mortal Danger
Author: Ann Aguirre
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Publish Date: August 5, 2014

Cover: The cover for Mortal Danger didn’t really give anything away about the book. It was almost a mystery like the story inside. About halfway through the book, I finally realized what the infinity symbol stood for. I know, I can be a bit slow sometimes.

Characters: Kian + Edie = Kidie are the cutest couple ever. They are both drop dead gorgeous but they’re new to relationships so they are adorkable. I just ship them so much! They go through so much and I just can’t get enough of Edie and Kian. They are incredibly moving characters, and I can feel the struggles that they have to go through.

Mixing myths with reality makes this novel seem so much more real and creepy. What if all of these bad people were real? It just utterly creeped me out. Though it was interesting to read, I would probably cry if I meet these people. I don’t know how Edie can do it. She’s tough.

I don’t really want to go into detail about the rest of the characters since I’m dying to start book two, but I’ll scratch the surface. They were likable, unless you were supposed to hate them (like the Teflon crew), then they were hateable. They definitely had their quirks, but some people need to not mess with things that they don’t understand. (*cough* Jen *cough*) But they were pretty cool. This group of characters goes to show that there is always more to someone than meets the eye.

Plot: There is so much death in this novel. Like, you really had no clue who was going to die. It was kind of like Season 5 of The Walking Dead (am I right?) But everyone had their demons that they had to deal with. It was impossible to tell who was good or bad. Some characters were obvious, but others I was just like what?

The plot was logical and extremely fast-paced. There is not one boring moment in this entire book. There were so many twists and turns, and even though there were some things that were left unanswered, I’m expecting them to be answered in the rest of the trilogy.

Ending: The ending was so climatic. I was expecting a certain someone (wink wink) to be dead. But Edie was not about to let that happen. She would do whatever she could to save the people she loved.

Overall: Mortal Danger by Ann Aguirre was one of the best books that I have ever read. Yeah, it’s up there with Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I was not able to put it down. It was an extreme nail-bitter though sometimes I would have to stop because of the cuteness of Kian and Edie. Like I would seriously be grinning at the page. Kidie is my OTP! They were absolutely adorable. There was so much suspense. I would be yelling at the book or crying because of a death or a stupid decision that someone made (I won’t say who).

The world that Ann Aguirre creates in Mortal Danger is unlike anything I’ve ever read before. It combined supernatural elements with problems teens are dealing with now. It’s an incredibly real novel with a sci-fi/horror twist. 

I was just at Barnes & Noble the other day, and I picked this book up since I was reading it. I was going to buy it, but I wasn’t sure if I was going to like the ending. I regret that decision! Everyone needs to read this book! I’m getting ready to start the next one in the series, and I’m betting that it is going to be as amazing as the first. I just absolutely loved it and I want everyone- you, your friends, your parents, your next door neighbors, everyone to read it. You will not regret it. It has something for everyone.

Post a Comment

0 Comments