Open Letter to Book Stores Salespeople

Dear Book Stores Salespeople,

No, I do not need any help. I am perfectly fine with browsing the shelves on my own. Yes, I have been here a while. This is just part of the process. I need to narrow down my selection. Yes, I have picked this book up at least five times. I cannot decide if I want to buy it or not. No, I do not need to know what you think about it since you have never even heard of this book before. Yes, it is a pretty cool cover. I am fine, thanks.

Why am I not allowed to sit down in the middle of an aisle surrounded by books? It's not my store? Well, I never said that it was. This is just part of my process. I need to narrow my selections down. Why can't I read this book? I'm just testing it out before I buy it. Who wants to buy a book that they will end up disliking? Yes, I am halfway through the book. I'm really enjoying it. Why don't I buy it? Well, I've already spent most of my paycheck on books.

I need to leave? Do you know how much business I give you? I'm in here at least once a week.

What I'm trying to say is all I want to do is sit in a room surrounded by books and book lovers and just read. Also, I love the smell of new books. I would appreciate it if I could browse without someone coming up and asking me if I need help. If I need help, I'll come find you. Sometimes I don't want to buy a book, why is that a problem?

Please leave me be with my books.

Sincerely, 
A Book Lover that Frequents Your Store

--
I've been looking up new post ideas to make Kayl's Krazy Obsession more exciting and fun to read, and I stumbled across this post idea! I thought I'd give it a try and have some fun with it. This was serious joking. Mostly. If you like this post, be sure to share it with us. Love it? Hate it? Leave it in the comments below!

And if this is you, comment please because we need to be friends. Whoever feels this way truly understands me and my passion for books :)

Post a Comment

0 Comments