Review: The Carrie Diaries

Review: The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell


I watch this show every Friday night at 8 pm. I liked it so much that I decided to read the book. And the book is almost nothing like the TV show. They left out some of the characters like Missy & Lali. I guess Maggie sort of absorbs Lali. And I like it in the show that they call The Mouse Mouse instead of The Mouse.

But in this book Carrie is not the strong woman they deliver us in the show; she is small, timid, and can’t tell people no. She has to please everyone around her. And she doesn’t think on her own. She thinks something is wrong with her when Sebastian is mad.  She thinks she did
something wrong and keeps apologizing. She is not the independent hero whom I watched in the TV shows. She is as insecure as the rest of us, and that disappointed me.


I know what I’m saying is that I don’t like the humanistic qualities portrayed in the book. I might sound like a hypocrite. In other reviews, I talk about how they are not realistic. This book was extremely realistic, and I do like that about it. I’m just disappointed that the show made Carrie something she’s not. And I guess that happens with all TV shows/movies, the books are always different.

Sebastian Kydd is the bad boy everyone wants, but once you get to know him nobody wants him. He is the perfect villain. He’s always getting into trouble, and always cheating on somebody. You don’t want to know a Sebastian Kydd. Trust me.

Carrie is kind of a bad friend. She dropped Walt in his time of need. He’s living in a tent, and Carrie had no idea! Maggie is always drinking. Dorrit just needs help. And her dad is always crying. And all Carrie’s worried about is if Sebastian is mad at her.

The plot was good. It was a bit everywhere. Sometimes you have no idea what one of the friends are doing, and the next that’s all that is talked about. But there’s lots of juicy drama that I loved. It is a good book, but I liked the show better.

Post a Comment

0 Comments