Review: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy


 


The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams 
The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy is a classic sci-fi book. I first heard of it last year in language class, but I didn’t read it until now. In all honest opinion, I loved it. It was brilliant,
funny, and incredibly wacky. It has an original plot, and it’s still funny after all of these years. This was published about thirty-five years ago, and it’s still interesting. I love the title. It’s intriguing, and makes you want to know more about it. And it’s great to know that if I ever travel through space, I need to bring a towel.


I believe in aliens, I do. And it was really fascinating to see how Douglas Adams depicted these beings. They had weird names. And you should never ever listen to Vogon’s poetry, it’s the third worst in the Universe. Also, the legendary planet Magrathea made planets. I thought that was super cool.


Martin… a depressed, super intelligent robot… just oh my god. I thought he was hilarious. He was always super down. And when he got bored and talked to that ship, it committed suicide. Just wow. I wonder if robots will really be like that. I would just have to buy one. And he’s always humming, what’s up with that?


Improbability plays a major role in this book. On the Heart of Gold, it is extremely important. The most improbable things is what you always end up finding on the Heart of Gold. I thought that was a good concept that I’d never really heard of before. It turned a missile into a whale. Now that is some fancy crap.


Overall, I loved this book. I can’t wait to watch the movie. And I can’t wait to read the second book. I recommend this book for people of all ages. It is one of my favorites. And it’s a science fiction novel, so that’s a plus.


Genre: Sci-Fi
Year released: 1979

Post a Comment

0 Comments