Not Quite A Book: The Amazing Book is Not On Fire


Review: The Amazing Book is Not On Fire


Title: The Amazing Book is Not on Fire
Authors: Dan Howell, Phil Lester
Pages: 224
Publisher: Ebury Press
Publish Date: October 8, 2015
Genre: Non-fiction

Synopsis: Hello reader,
In this book is a world. A world created by two awkward guys who share their lives on the internet!
We are Dan and Phil and we invite you on a journey inside our minds! From the stories of our actual births, to exploring Phil's teenage diary and all the reasons why Dan's a fail.
Learn how to draw the perfect cat whiskers, get advice on what to do in an awkward situation and discover which of our dining chairs represents you emotionally. With everything from what we text each other, to the time we met One Direction and what really happened in Vegas...

I'm going to start off by saying, don't read this book if you have no idea who Dan Howell (aka danisnotonfire) and Phil Lester (aka AmazingPhil) are. You wouldn't necessarily enjoy it. Actually, don't read any autobiography/memoir if you have no clue who the person is. You'll probably end up hating the book (that's not really a book anyway) and writing a horrible review for it. Don't read The Amazing Book is Not On Fire if you are not a fan! You probably wouldn't even understand half of it. If you want to watch it, watch a few of their YouTube videos first.

I, personally, am a huge fan of Dan and Phil. Dan Howell is my all-time favorite YouTuber (behind Kian Lawley of course), and I really enjoy Phil's videos. That's why I loved this book. It may be extremely biased coming from a fan, but hey, maybe you'd like them too. Being from the US, I have never met them (grr) but that would be one of my goals if they ever announce their world tour.

The Amazing Book in Not On Fire is not exactly a book. It has stories, yes, but there's also some quizzes, advice, and other fun stuff, which actually makes it really hard to review.

I really enjoyed how the book was set up, starting with background and then working their way up to contemporary times. I got to know more information about people I love, which is always a plus.

I didn't like the random pages of like word art. It seemed to me as if they didn't meet their limit, and they had a few extra pages to fill so they just put random quotes from themselves (I believe). I would of rather them had more "writing" than that kind of stuff, which was really what I was expecting. I've seen all of their videos about this book, so I knew they put a lot of time and effort into it, I was just expecting something more. It was a tad bit disappointing.

The book reminded me somewhat of a yearbook. Random things put together with a few words. Some of it was fun though, like the quiz.

Speaking of which, I got the gray chair on the quiz. I was totally fine with that because my favorite color is gray!

I'm just not a fan of "famous" people writing "books." I wish they would actually write a book not a random thing for the fans.

I did enjoy The Amazing Book is Not On Fire. Most of it was funny and had me laughing out loud. It was fun, which I assume is what they were going for. If you're interested in watching YouTubers, I recommend you give these dudes a try because hey, they're British.

Book Trailer



About Phil


About Dan


Daniel James "Dan" Howell is an English video blogger and radio personality. He is best known for his YouTube channel danisnotonfire, which has reached 5 million subscribers.



Post a Comment

0 Comments