Movie Review: Mockingjay Part 1

Movie Review: Mockingjay Part 1


This was supposed to be posted last Monday, but I totally spaced it. Whoops! But here it is now and sorry for it being so short!!
--



I went to watch Mockingjay Part 1 on November 21, 2014- the official release date.

This movie was pretty good, but it wasn’t the best. This was probably the wrong one to see on the big screen. Part 2 will have so much more fighting and excitement, that’s the one you’ll need to see at the theatre, preferably in Imax.

I can’t help but compare this movie to Divergent, which there was a preview for Insurgent and OMG! Part 1 was not as good as Divergent. I didn’t get all hyped up for it or anything. It was like any other movie. I didn’t really get excited for it. Maybe it’s because I’m not a hardcore fan (idk what their fans are called) like I am for Divergent. It was just another good movie to me.

Part 1 didn’t really get me emotional. I did have a hatred for Snow throughout the movie, but come on, who doesn’t? I wasn’t really sad when they showed the remains of District 12. My jaw dropped especially when I noticed the burnt bones and such, but it didn’t really make me sad.

The plot followed the book, mostly. I got a bit confused at some parts. It was a very fast-paced movie. Also, you got to see more of Gale and Finnick, my two favorite characters. I loved how Finnick got to do that Propo (I think that’s what they called it. I couldn’t here). He got so much face time with that, and I was happy. He’s very handsome.

(SPOILERS) I couldn’t help but laugh at the ending. It turns into sort of a horror movie. At least, that’s what me and my friends were joking. Katniss walks around in a nightgown, eyes bloodshot with a brace around her neck. Her hair looks all wild, and then they show Peeta on the bed looking possessed. I felt like it had turned into a horror movie. (END SPOILERS)

It was a good movie, but it was probably my least favorite of the three out so far. It was boring compared to the others. What do you think? Are you excited to see Mockingjay Part 1? Leave your comments on the movie in the comments below.

Post a Comment

0 Comments