Review: Vampire Academy

Review: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Vampire Academy is now a movie, but like most movies, it was a book first. And it was a really good book. I loved it. I can add Dimitri to my list of book boyfriends. This isn’t really a popular book. I hadn’t heard of it until the movie, and even then I didn’t know it was a book. And no one talks about that much. But it’s good, just no Hunger Games good.

This book was a bit confusing at first. I had no idea what they were talking about, and I’m pretty sure this is the first book in the series. But it starts off with Rose and Lissa outside of the Academy. They escaped, but they get caught and return. None of the concepts were explained
really well. I didn’t know what the Moroi were or the Dhampirs. So I was confused. But it got clearer as the story went on.


I like Rose. She was amusing. I loved how she created a fake image of herself, she’s not a bad person. But she seems tough and she really cares about Lissa. I wish I had a friend like that. But I wouldn’t want to be a vampire.

I didn’t like Christian or Natalie. I thought they were weird, and that’s saying a lot coming from me. Christian seemed like a creeper. Natalie is just that annoying girl everybody knows. You have to be nice and put up with her, when honestly you don’t like her. But one was sincere, and the other wasn’t. I’m not going to say who.

Dimitri was just yum. He was my favorite character. HE LIKED TO READ!!!! A hot guy who reads is hard to come by. And he’s quiet, but he can kick your butt. So he’s awesome.

Overall, this book was good. It’s not my favorite, but some of these characters are memorable. I liked the action and drama. But I hated Mia. So yeah, good book.

Post a Comment

0 Comments