Review: The Devil Wears Prada

The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger

Honestly, I don’t think this book was anything like the movie. I watched it a while ago, but I still remember some of it. Meryl Streep plays the perfect Miranda Priestly. But Anne Hathaway was not Andrea. She just wasn’t who I expected Andrea to be. Also, I don’t think the white Hermes scarfs were in the movie. But that was a big part of who Miranda was. So good movie, but disappointing after reading the book.


I disliked Emily and Andrea. They did every outrageous thing Miranda requested. They should’ve stood up to her. Miranda’s not a great person. Everyone just does things for her because they are scared of her. I loved the ending when Andrea stood up to her, but she was so close. Only a couple more weeks. But Miranda was getting on my nerves, so I was glad she quit when she did.


Lily was also a disliked character. She had a drinking problem. Basically, she made Andrea want to quit because she doing dumb stuff. She got involved with all the wrong people. Just no… she is not a good friend.


The Devil Wears Prada was an amazing book. I understood what Andrea was going through. It was funny at some spots, but at others it was just plain annoying. It took me a while to finish this book, though I don’t know why. I’ve read books three times that size in like a day. But it was really good. If you like the movie, I recommend the book.


Genre: Fiction
Year released: 2003

Post a Comment

0 Comments