All at Once Reviews

Thoughts on Books I've Read That Haven't Been Reviewed


I've been chugging through these books ever since summer started, but I haven't really reviewed any of them. So instead of creating a review for every little thing, I felt like sharing some thoughts and spotlights in one big massive post. Most of these books I've written about on Instagram or Goodreads, so I thought I'd compile them all on to here.

Wedding Cake Murder by Joanne Fluke

Wedding Cake Murder (Hannah Swenson, #19)Wedding Cake Murder by Joanne Fluke

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I was a tad bit disappointed in this book. It had many issues which made me take longer to read it than usual. I feel like the writing was very slow, simple, and cringe-worthy. Also, I didn't agree with a lot of the thought. I feel as if the murderer wasn't portrayed very well. Honestly, I didn't even remember who they were.

Wedding Cake Murder wasn't like a typical Joanne Fluke novel, and that made me highly disappointed. I've been reading this series for as long as I can remember, and this one just didn't compare to the rest of the series.

Three stars because I love the series and have grown to care for this bunch of characters. If it wasn't for that, I would have probably given it a two.



View all my reviews


The Only Thing Worse Than Me is You by Lily Anderson

A photo posted by Kayl's Krazy Obsession (@kaylskrazyobsession) on


The Trials of Apollo: The Hidden Oracle, Book One by Rick Riordan

I have yet to write something about this book. This wonderful, magnificent creation of a book. Riordan left me disappointed when he ended The Blood of Olympus with a fizzle instead of a bang, but I was prepared to jump head first back into the world of Greek Gods. I just had to forgive him.

The Hidden Oracle did not disappoint me. It has me on pins and needles just waiting for the next book. (A year! I have to wait a frigging year!) Honestly, I'm about to read it again because it was so good. I loved Apollo. I loved the new Big Bad. I loved the cameo of Percy! It was just everything I needed after such a disappointment. Riordan is back on my good list.


Girl in the Blue Coat by Monica Hesse

I get that I reviewed this one already, but I felt the need to share what I posted on IG about it.

Yup! So these books may or may not get a full review, I'm not sure yet. Summer is a busy time full of reading but no time for review writing. Yeah, it sucks.

Oh, and expect some changes around these parts. I have a feeling KKO is going to be going through a major transformation sometime soon! :D

Post a Comment

0 Comments